miércoles, 26 de septiembre de 2012

Dear Future Me


Dear FutureMe,

This is me in 2012 writing to you in 2025.

I’m writing  this letter so that you have some memories of your  past just in case you forget some of your ambitions for the future.

At the moment I'm having a look at some photos of myself and my relatives and I'm thinking about what I was like when I was younger, what I expected my future to be and in fact, these childish dreams and questions aren't so stupid, so I just thought that writing a couple of things, which will be read some years later, might be a nice surprise for you and you might be able to enjoy this time comparing life styles and seeing if my expectations came true.

I’m in my senior year in high school trying to make up my mind about what to study and what to do with my future.
I’ve got quite clear that I’d like to have a degree in business, so you will probably be in a company working in the marketing sector or in the financial sector.
I hope you will be enjoying the job and that you will become a well-known business woman one day.

As far as love and family is concerned, in 2015 I will be 30 so let me tell you that I believe it is time to settle down and have a family provided you have found the love of your life or somebody who will make you happy.
Try not to forget that you were also a teenager and don't ever let go your little child that is inside you which will really make you enjoy life with your kids and friends 

I hope by now you will have tried to make your dreams come true, travelled a lot and enjoyed your last years of freedom because from now on, you’ll have to bring up your children and let them to their own devices as your parents allowed you to do.

I wish you all my best for the rest of your life.

Take care,

'Present me' Maria.

3 comentarios:

  1. Very good, indeed.
    Only you need to work on your punctuation.

    http://www.kimskorner4teachertalk.com/writing/sixtrait/conventions/punctuation.html

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love the way you wrote your letter and how it is composed. I really enjoyed reading it.
    Just wanted to tell to keep dreaming and making them true.
    I might become a business woman so I may see you in marketing business. :)
    Never lost your little child side and enjoy your life and dont wish your days away, waiting for better ones ahead.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hey Maria,
    Great letter to yourself. I can certainly see you being a successful businesswoman one day. Keep up the good work!

    ResponderEliminar