jueves, 17 de enero de 2013


A MATTER OF FATE...

It was a rainy day in Oxford. I was on a trip to the city with my group of friends when all of a sudden I got shocked.
First of all I should explain what made me go to Oxford and where I was staying.

I was living with an English family in Worcester, near Oxford for the whole month of July. My host family was very nice to me, really polite and they made me feel like at home besides helping me learn a lot of English. My host mother was an English teacher and her two daughters, one aged 8 and the other one 12, liked to spend time with me and gave me conversation, so I practised pretty much my speaking.

As far as evening activities and trips were concerned, I met some students who were staying near my town and we organised several parties and excursions to different cities around the town.

The thing is that one day that I was feeling homesick. I missed my family and friends and I didn’t really feel like going out. My colleagues convinced me to go to the city to a farewell party with some Italian students. I went there even if I didn´t feel like enjoying myself.
Little did I know what the outcome was going to be. Once in the party I started to dance and I met new students from the outskirts. And there he was. One of the French boys I had met the previous yearon one of the trips my school had arranged. I was totally astonished. I couldn't believe my eyes. I stared at him for a while and so did he.
He was a special friend I had had a nice relationship  with. Suddenly I remembered how sad and weepy it had been to say goodbye to him. It was a matter of fate to bump into him again and I reckon this has been the thrillest experience in my life.

Since then, we have kept in touch. We chat each other from time to time and I'm really grateful to that second chance as I had him back and he is now one of the most important people in my life.

1 comentario:

  1. Maria, I love this story. It's so uplifting, like a real life fairy tale :)

    -...when all of a sudden, something shocking happened -OR- ...I had a shocking experience.
    -...this has been the MOST THRILLING experience in my life.

    **By the way, COINCIDENCE is the word I was searching for when you read your story to the group two weeks ago. What a happy COINCIDENCE to see him again!

    ResponderEliminar